CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Recap...

What a great long weekend! Too bad I am now back to the harsh reality of finals and term papers. There is nothing really good to say about this week, except the fact that I no longer have classes! Anyway, back to this past weekend...I got home Friday in time to see my brother's date for his prom. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. I'll have to admit I was a little jealous of this seventeen-year-old junior in high school. Ya'll, I am not at all kidding when I say that the girl looked like a freakin super model, and she's about the size of my wrist. Then again, her body has not yet encountered the damage that comes with college. Anyway, they had fun, my brother looked adorable, had a hot date, etc. etc. On Saturday my mom and I went to my brother's lacrosse game and then headed to the mall to take advantage of tax-free weekend! Let's just say I was very satisfied when we left. Here are a few of my purchases:


I finally got this light-weight jacket I have had my eye on!! (Except mine is yellow :) I'm actually wearing it right now because there was a drastic temperature drop overnight!



This dress is so comfortable and very flattering! I highly recommend it!!

I LOVE these flip-flops! I would like one in every pattern, please!!!




This dress was on sale, plus it was an extra 25% off!!! I pretty much had to buy it--I think it'll be perfect for graduation.

I was planning on leaving home on Sunday, which is what I usually do, but due to my ongoing allergy problems, thanks to the damn pollen, I decided to stay another night so I could get some medicine on Monday before leaving. Well, it turned out that my decision to stay was a good one, because my grandparents decided to bring over my graduation present:


You better believe I almost you-know-what myself when I opened it! I didn't even know that my grandparents knew about David Yurman! Obviously I stand corrected. I'm pretty sure I have the best grandparents ever, don't you agree?

So now I'm back to the grind after a terrific weekend. I think I may have made a rather crucial decision earlier today regarding my future plans, but that is for another post. Until then, I have my five finals and two term papers to keep my mind occupied...

6 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

What a great graduation gift! I wore the J.Crew wrap dress from last year in Linen to my graduation and it looked great in all of the pictures! I think one of my girlfriend's is going to wear the dress you picked out for her rehearsal dinner. Glad you had such a great weekend!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

That is an amazing graduation gift! My best friend got a new Yurman for her birthday and she wore it to a wedding shower on Sunday but she is taking it back to get a different one. Crazy. Have fun at graduation!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

What a great gift!!! I've wanted that bracelet for the longest time!

Red and White Preppy said...

Your grandparents are AWESOME :) Love all of your purchases...so cute!

Good luck this week :)

Nelly said...

WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!!

love everything, lucky lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

david yurman from your grandparents?!?! my grandma thinks Belk's is where nice jewelry comes from! enjoy...and love your tax free weekend purchases. i did some extreme shopping myself this weekend...but i paid taxes :(