CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Save It for a Rainy Day

So, I feel like the second flood has officially entered TN...it's been raining constantly for the past, oh, say 5 days, and there looks to be no end in sight. However, I WAS dealing quite well with the rain, up until this morning, that is, when the monsoon hit. I was walking to class, trying to manage my backpack, purse, drink, folder containing a paper I was turning in, etc...What item was missing from that list, though? An umbrella. Yep, I was that stupid girl who told herself, as she was leaving her apt., "No, you don't need to bring an umbrella to class; you won't need it," even though it was a little cloudy. (Okay, maybe a LOT cloudy) Unfortunately, as I was leaving the Humanities building after my first class, all hell broke loose with the weather in K-town, and I had no choice but to subject myself to the terrible monsoon. What could possibly have made this worse? The fact that, as I was heading out into the rain, I stumbled upon half of the football team, who just had to ask me where my umbrella was. Funny. They did, however, offer to walk with me to my car...how sweet. So, after a hellacious morning, I decided to take matters into my own hands and turn my day around. Yes, I immmediately headed to the mall to pick up a little present for myself. And I left with a pair of these guys:


SO CUTE! Okay, I know I MUST do something about this little shopping habit that I have formed. I'm just choosing to wait a little while.

2 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Cute! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Elise said...

I just found your blog! Sometimes I have to run to the mall to improve my mood at the end of a bad day too!