CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Can I vent, please?

This has officially just been one of those days. So here are the unfortunate things that happened:

1. My roommate, who knows that Thursday is my day to sleep in, wakes up with a sudden burst of energy and decides to start banging pots and pans around in the kitchen at 7 AM!! Now, I would like to think that my dear sweet roommate was just being forgetful, but I have a feeling that she was just mad at the world because she had to wake up early, so she wanted me to share her pain.
2. After laying in bed for two hours, not being able to fall back asleep, I dragged myself into the kitchen just as my roommate is walking back in the door from wherever she had to be at the crack of dawn. Only this time, she is on a tirade because she hasn't received a package that her mom sent her last week. Come to find out, our mail has been being delivered to someone else! At my apartment complex, we have that whole box/key system, and apparently, the mail carrier just doesn't care if college students get their mail promptly (or at all, in our case!). As you may realize, this whole mail thing poses a little bit of a problem for me. I am anxiously waiting to hear from a few law schools, and what if one or more of those letters that got misplaced just happened to be a letter from a law school? Yeah, this SUCKS!!!
3. During my hour of free time today, I attempted to go lay out at my pool and get a little bit of sun with this gorgeous weather we've been having. Well, I arrive at the pool to see that it is swarming with GDIs (hopefully you're familiar with the term) who don't even live in my apartment complex! Call me crazy, but I didn't care to stay and see a bunch of dudes in their Abercrombie '04 swim trunks talking to each other about how they stay so tan and "jacked." SO NOT ME.
4. To relieve my frustrations, I went to a cardio class at the gym and then to dinner with some friends. The class, however beneficial, totally kicked my ass, and whatever I ate at dinner made me sick.
(I'm almost done with my rant)
5. Presently, every person on campus with any kind of social life is at a band party watching Super T. Everyone, that is, except for me. I am curled up in my bed with my laptop writing a paper that is due tomorrow morning (and blogging alternately). Why do I do this to myself???

3 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I hope today is a better day.

Red and White Preppy said...

Hope you have a better day on Friday! You're ALMOST there :)

Nelly said...

I love that you also use the term GDI... haha. And I feel your pain with the paper! Hope you have a fun weekend!