CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Is It REALLY Almost Monday?

I cannot believe that the weekend is over! I went back home to hang out with my family (my mom just had surgery), and whenever I go home, my weekend flies by! One of the things that I most look forward to when I go home, besides family time, obviously, is EATING! After weeks of Lean Cuisines and frozen pizzas, it's so nice to get some southern home cookin'!! There is also a little deli that I frequent back home called the Puffy Muffin that has some of the best food I have ever tasted. If yall like sweet tea as much as I do (I drink it like water), I'm going to assume that you do/will like tea punch, and I just thought I would share the recipe from my Puffy Muffin cookbook:

3 heaping Tblsp. instant tea (plain, no sugar, no lemon)
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
6 c. warm water
2 c. orange juice
6 ounce can frozen limeade
2 liters ginger ale (or enough to make one gallon)

Combine the instant tea, sugar, and water. Stir well to ensure the water is dissolved. Add the orange juice and limeade. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, add enough ginger ale to make one gallon of liquid. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I look forward to reading yours, too! :) Have a WONDERFUL week!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

The tea recipe looks good! I can't wait to try it.