CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

What a FABULOUS Weekend!

***I apologize in advance for not being brief!***



Here we go...My weekend basically started off great and ended great! My formal date was planning on not arriving until Saturday, but plans changed, and he ended up being able to come up Friday instead! He goes to law school in SC, so it's tough for him to get up (down?) here often. (BTW, did I mention that this "date" is my ex-boyfriend/close friend/I think we're back together? Just thought I'd throw in that bit of info.) Anyway, so I was clearly very excited about his early arrival, but then I found out at work on Friday thatsome of the attorneys and assistants needed a spot filled on a bowling team for a charity event. Yes, I spent the first half of my Friday night bowling with people from work that are two to three times my age, but it was actually a blast, and, more importantly, it was for a good cause (And no, I did not get the lowest score!) So, after the bowling festivities, I headed back to campus to meet up with my date/bf(?) and some of our friends. After dinner and drinks, we all headed over to this new bar on campus, aka the "barcade." Yes, it's a bar with arcade games, and no, it's not really my style, but it WAS pretty fun, I have to admit! We ended up calling it a night relatively early because we knew we'd be out late on Saturday for formal. After brunch Sat. morning, we went to some antique shops downtown that I found HIGHLY disappointing, and then it was basically time to start getting ready. Before formal, a group of us headed to an Egyptian karaoke restaurant (weird, I know) that's BYOB, and it was pretty much the best time EVER!! While the food was far from spectacular (Read: nasty) the owner and his wife were hilarious, the atmosphere was great, and the company was even better! So, after shouting some Madonna "Like a Prayer" at the top of our lungs, our group headed to pre-game spot #2 to meet up with some of our other close friends. After this the night (including the actual formal) becomes kind of a blur, but don't judge me...it was my very last sorority function, and I graduate in 3 weeks! All in all, the night falls on my list of top ten best nights in college. After the bf and his dog (that I got him for Christmas 3 years ago) headed back to SC on Sunday, I spent the rest of the afternoon reliving the previous night and laughing until my sides hurt...I love those nights! I promise to post some pictures from formal night ASAP!!! On a very random note, I got some great news today...Vineyard Vines is having a trunk show here this weekend! Yay!!! I am so hoping to get some free stuff!!!

2 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you had a fun weekend!

JN said...

Whoahhhhh, you didn't tell me any of the details from this weekend!! Great news