CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Workin' It Out...

The title of this post has multiple meanings for me. First of all, me and the bf are going to be further apart (geographically) in about 5 days. Right now, we are an easy 3 1/2 hour drive from one another, but that is all going to change come this weekend. I'm moving out of my apartment, out of this college town, and back home (3 hrs. from here). And yes, I am moving back in with my parents. Say a little prayer for me and for them...But really, I am excited to spend some time(read: ~1 full year) with the fam., and I do LOVE my hometown. However, I do not like the fact that I will soon be an approx. 7 hour's drive from the bf. I am confident that we can make it work, though. The one problem for both of us is going to be finding the mula to spend on gas travelling back and forth. We are both sorta broke, and it doesn't help that we are getting screwed by gas prices. Oh well, like I said, we'll make it work.

Secondly, I am on a new workout plan. As of yesterday. When I went home last weekend for my friend's wedding, she looked FABULOUS, and, believe me, she has not always been the tiny person that she is now. She is short, like I am, and, although she never really had any weight to lose, she has lost pratically every inch of fat on her body. Not kidding. Therefore, she is my inspiration. When we were all questioning her about her dramatic shape-up, she was like, "I mean, I just jogged a little bit and did pilates." So simple, right? That's what I told myself. Well, yesterday, I made a trip to Target (bet you're surprised), but I had a specific goal in mind. I left with a cardio pilates video and a pilates mat. Yup, I'm official. So far, I am two for two--two days, two 45-min. workouts. I did it for the first time last night, and I was like, "Oh, piece of cake. I need a bigger challenge." I am really regretting that overly-confident statement right now. I just did the workout again, and boy was I feeling the burn. I guess that's a good thing though. My goal is to do that video 4-5 times per week, combining it with some light jogging/running--and healthy eating, but we won't talk about that right now :) Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Pretty in Pink said...

You should try yoga. That's what I do and I swear it shapes you up in a month. I go to yoga every day (except weekends) and I've been able to tell such an improvement.

Yes, I was in law school ... only briefly. I quit. It was awful and I could talk for hours about it, but I will just say it is not what you will expect. People are mean, teachers are mean, I was in the library from 7:30 am to 9 pm every day. Don't get me wrong, I liked the content, but the environment and the finals were just absolutely brutal.

Where is your hometown in TN? We go to the Parsons/Lexington area where my BF's family have lakehouses on the river. Not sure if that is near where you were.

I wish you lived closer to Memphis so we could go out for coffee or something and I could tell you ALLLLLL about law school.

Red and White Preppy said...

Good luck moving home...you'll be fine though :) I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed for you and the boyfriend!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Good luck living at home this summer! My husband and I lived apart for two years. It was hard, but we made it work. What DVD's are you using?

Enjoy your week!

sugar said...

Good luck! With everything. Hopefully your commutes won't be too bad. 100 years ago when my husband and I were dating I lived in Atlanta and he lived here in Tampa. But He worked for the airline so we were able to fly for nothing and swap out weekends. It was hard. But perservere, you'll make it through. May I ask what dvd you bought. I've been taking pilates but the cost is ridiculous. I woke up the other morning and realized I am not a rock star and that I was crazy to spend that kind of money on pilates. So I've been thinking of doing something at home too.

kolls said...

The long distance thing is hard, but doable! My boyfriend and I dated six months in college, then I moved to NYC first (I graduated first) - we were apart for a little over a year between NYC and Texas. We've now been together 3.5 years and plan to get married in the next couple of years, and we live together :)

Just Kiddin' Photography said...

Good luck with the pilates! I've tried it at home and "kind of" liked it but I've always wanted to take one of those BodyFlow classes at the gym. Nothing like summer and the thought of a swimsuit to get you up and moving!