CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Warning: Extremely Long Post!

Since I have been the absolute worst blogger ever, I feel the need to redeem myself with this long post. So, I'm back at home living with my parents, and so far, it's been ok. It's just weird being back with the fam 24/7 . My dad and brother came up to Knoxville two weekends ago to move me out of my apartment...being out of there has definitely been a big relief! I saw my roommate the Friday night before I moved out, and she was EXTREMELY rude (to put it lightly) Basically, she walked in the door while I was cleaning and my puppy, Stella, who was in the living room with me, got excited when she came in and jumped on her. I immediately went and got Stella out of the way, apologized, and all my roommate said was "God!!" (imagine a very bitchy tone of voice)...and that was the last thing she said to me. Seriously. She wasn't there when I woke up Saturday morning, so I left her a note--a pretty nice one, I might add. I apologized for any problems that Stella caused between the two of us, told her I enjoyed living there and was sorry our living situation ended on bad terms. Haven't heard a word from her since! I mean, really, can yall believe that?! Maybe I'm just overreacting. Anyway, that's in the past, and at least I left there feeling like the bigger person.

So here's what has been going on since I've moved back home, not that it's been overly exciting or anything...
I got my graduation present from my parents--two little somethings to add to my DY collection:

I couldn't find the exact pictures online, but they're close. The earrings and necklace I got don't have diamonds in the center...wishful thinking, I guess! But here's my dad at the store: "Don't you want to get something gaudy?" Me (to myself) "Ummm, yes please!!!" Then I told myself , as my mom was laughing hysterically, that my dad was pretty much clueless when it came to the price of DY jewelry, so I resisted going for the watch with the diamonds around the face :)

I've been doing my pilates video. My family finds it rather comical, but I am convinced that it's not a useless effort. I feel better afterwards, anyway, so they can just keep laughing!

I've also been spending a lot of time at the pool (Read: all day, every day, except when it rains). While I'm there, I figure I might as well try to get some benefit out of it, so I have been treading water. Sounds silly, I know, but let me tell you, it is a good workout, and it's tough! I may be setting myslef up for malignant melanomas by the ripe age of 27, but I refuse to be pale!

As of yesterday, I am on an LSAT study schedule...yuck!! Since I didn't get into my two top schools, instead of settling on another not-so-good school, I decided to take the LSAT again. When I took it before, I didn't do so hot, but I thought that my good GPA and long list of extra-curricular activities would pull me through. I thought wrong. Or maybe my LSAT score just sucked that much. I'm gonna go with the latter. My plan, as of right now, is to study all summer , take the LSAT in the fall, and go to law school next August, hopefully!

I would like to be doing some shopping, but, unfortunately, I had to spend most of my money on getting my puppy spayed. It was not a good experience for poor little Stella, nor was it a fun way to spend my graduation money.

Other than the above, I have been watching lots of HGTV and getting ideas for my future home; I've also been mastering my cooking skills. I'm making a banana pudding with moonpies instead of vanilla wafers (How southern is that?!) for my family's father's day lunch, so I'll be sure to post the recipe. It's yummy!

7 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

Good luck on the LSAT. Law school is getting so competitive. I look at the class that came in when I was a 3L, and there is no way I would have gotten in that year.

Nice DY :)

Elise said...

Wow please share that recipe. My Dad loves banana pudding and is obsessed with moon pies (before my parents got married he would have a coke and twinkies for breakfast...he has quite the sweet tooth)! I would love to make that for him!

Well I Do Declare said...

Tag! You are it! :)

Belle and Baby said...

Don't worry about how your roommate situation ended. I went through the same thing with my old two roommates. When I moved out, they were both pretty snotty to me. I had known one for practically my entire life. I never spoke to her again. I have much better friends now. Keep doing the pilates. I was addicted to it. It takes a little while, but you will see the results.

JN said...

Well finally a post, hope you're doing well! I think I'm going through witdrawl on my wedding chats with you

CheckIt said...

I had to get caught up on your life by reading your blog since I can't ever talk to you these days, much less see you!

I think perhaps less time at the pool and more time with the LSAT book, may pay dividends...

Miss Lili NC said...

Umm, yeah...gonna need that recipe! :-)