CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Yeeaah!!

I am officially a college graduate! I can't believe it, either. What a crazy weekend...Kicked it off with the fam coming into town. I went to eat with my grandparents Thursday night, and later that night, I decided to surprise my parents by showing them my puppy. I knew there was no way they could get mad once they saw how cute she was...they loved her! So then I woke up bright and early Friday morning to go to the commencement ceremony. Listening to 1500+ names being recited was about the most monotonous experience of my life, but it was still so exciting in the end! By the way, whoever created the whole cap and gown thing should be shot. Graduation caps are probably the most hideous accessories ever invented. Anyway, after graduation, a few of my sorority sisters and I enjoyed lunch with our friends and families at a restaurant on the river, and for some reason, one of my best friends had to give a little speech that made everyone, even my dad, a little teary-eyed. It hadn't really hit me until then that we are all moving away. After a hectic morning and afternoon, me, the bf, and my friend KB headed to Nashville for Steeplechase (the TN equivalent of Carolina Cup), but had to stop on the way to get the bf some new seersucker pants--a Steeplechase necessity. I've never been to the Carolina Cup, so I don't know if this analogy would apply there, but I once heard Steeplechase compared to "a Nascar race...without the rednecks," and it truly is. Steeplechase is just an excuse for college students, and adults I guess, to display their most preppy attire, drink, and socialize. You can see why this is right up my alley. In short, Steeplechase was pretty freakin' awesome, although it was tiring, and I did get a little sunburned. I decided, in the spirit of the event, to try my hand at making mojitos. If you have never made this drink, let me warn you: it is by no means a simple task. I think mine were a little on the strong side, because the guys seemed to enjoy them, but the girls had the same reaction as I did when I felt the shock of Bacardi 151 hit my mouth. Maybe next time I'll just stick with beer, but if you are brave, here is the recipe for a mojito:




1.5 oz BACARDI Rum


12 fresh spearmint leaves


1/2 lime


7 oz club soda


2 tbsp. simple syrup(or 4 tsp. sugar)
If you are like me and have no idea what "simple syrup" is, it's a sugar-water mixture. Technically, you're supposed to cook it (?) but who has time for that?? I hope you have better luck than I did if you try making this drink!
I promise to post some pics from the weekend later! I hope ya'll have a good night...enjoy Gossip Girl and The Hills season finale!!!

1 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Congratulations on your graduation :) I'm sure you had a great weekend because of it!