CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh Happy Day

I am sickly obsessed with to-do lists; I make about 5 per week, but today, I created the mother of all to-do lists, and I feel so relieved at the moment! I wrote down a list of absolutely everything that I need to do before I move next weekend, and I was happy to find that it wasn't really an unreasonable amount of stuff. Whew! Oh, and I forgot to mention that today was my last day of work. Actually, this was a really sad part of my day. I feel like I have worked at that firm for so long, and I didn't realize how close I had gotten to many people there. I probably would have cried, except for the fact that I was extremely busy the entire time, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, doing things for the attorneys. The craziness was probably for the best. If I had been sitting around doing nothing, I definitely would have gotten sad. One thing that made it EASY to leave: my ex-boyfriend. I don't think I bothered to mention that my ex, who worked with me last summer, came back to work at the law firm a couple of weeks ago. WEIRD is all I have to say. Now I am all for being mature and staying friends or being cordial at the very least, but I can't very well do that when he is bugging the living s*** out of me! Example: earlier this week, he asked me, in front of several other co-workers, I might add, if I could give him back some shirt that I didn't even know I had. Since that day, he has texted me every day, twice a day, reminding me about his shirt. In the words of Destiny's Child, that boy is a "bug-a-boo." Old school, I know. Anyway, the point of that story was...well, I don't even know anymore. Ha.

So, after I got off work, I made a trip to the outlet mall, which is about 45 minutes away (I had been up there for work anyway), and hit up my two fav. outlets: Banana and Brooks Brothers. To my delight, I left with some fabulous purchases. I have had my eye on this dress from BR for awhile:


It may not look like anything special, but it's SUPER cute on! Well, I talked myself out of getting it when I was at the mall because it was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I actually found a very close sister to the dress at the outlet, only in black--even better! Plus, it was half the price--score! I also got a pair of chocolate brown linen shorts and these shoes:

After BR, I strolled over to Brooks Brothers and found a cute tank for myself and some seersucker gingham swim trunks for my bf. Best part: I got 25% off my entire purchase. Thank you Memorial Day!!!

Tomorrow, I'm headed to join the rest of the town on the river. Can't wait to catch up on some sun!! I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!


3 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am also a big time list maker myself. It just makes getting things done so much easier.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Pink, Green, and Pearls said...

I thought I was the only person who made that many lists! Everyone makes fun of me for it; my parents, my roommates, my friends, but I can't help it!

JN said...

Oh no he didn't...i wish I could have been standing there...I would have backed you up.
PS..Got my hair done on sat for th wedding and it looks great..I'll post pics tomorrow.
Miss you at work already