CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Call Me Betty Crocker

So what's better than a yummy meal after a stressful (read: hellish) past few days? Nothing. That's why I decided to hit up the grocery and cook dinner for me and my best friend. I decided to take a stab at making chicken salad. My mom makes some phenomenal chicken salad, so I used her recipe, which combines boiled and shredded/chopped chicken breasts, lite mayo, chopped red grapes, celery, and salt and pepper. Sounds pretty simple, right? And believe me, it is! Mine actually turned out great; we put some on croissants--awesome! For dessert? Banana pudding, made with fat-free, sugar-free vanilla pudding. You can't even taste a difference! In my opinion, that's the ultimate summer-time dessert!

3 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy your week.

Red and White Preppy said...

That version of chicken salad does sound delicious! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Well I Do Declare said...

Thanks for sharing that! I just boiled some chicken I had thawed. I love chicken salad on croissants :)