CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Bad Goodbye

So one of my roommates moved out yesterday. This happens to be the one that I have known since high school and been extremely close to throughout college. As I have said before, something--I don't know what--happened over the course of the past few months, and we began to grow apart. Well, I confronted her about everything, and we both agreed it had been very awkward between us and that we would try to fix it, or so I thought. She and her dad moved all of her stuff out yesterday while I was at work and my other roommate was at the lake (I think). I figured she would still be at the apartment when I got back, but they had already left. The only thing she left behind was a note specifically written to my other roommate, not for me, saying how much fun she had had living with her and how she was going to miss her, etc...Now, I know I may sound like a six-year-old child who gets her feelings hurt when she doesn't get invited to a "friend's" birthday party, but that move hurt. We have practically been bff's for the past four years, and she doesn't even bother to call, text, or include me in the note. Call me crazy/immature/dramatic (I have never been any of those ;), but that is just rude. We are both going to be in the same city all summer, but now this makes me hesitate to even call her, because, as I see it, she wants nothing to do with me. Then, if I don't call her and we don't talk, it's going to be incredibly awkward when I see her out...which is bound to happen. Ugh. This is me extremely frustrated. Why is being a girl so difficult???

4 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

That is unbelievably childish. I can't believe she would act like that. You have every right to be frusterated! I'm so sorry you are dealing with that drama.

Red and White Preppy said...

I know just what you mean...I had quite a similar situation happen to me last night (see my post)! I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this drama, and I certainly can't blame you for being upset.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am sorry about your roommate situation. I can't believe she didn't say anything to you especially after you talked with her.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she really didn't need to be that petulant and vindictive. That truly was something she will look back upon and regret.
Sounds like she *very* is unhappy with herself, so rather than perhaps see that reflected back at her by someone who knows her so well (you, not that you would do it intentionally), she would prefer denial or what-not, and she's transferring all that internal misery and anger at you.
I have been there (it seems most women have) and know it really is a bummer. I hope it gets better.