CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oooh No He Didn't!!

As you read this, please try to refrain from sobbing, gasping, yelling, fuming, etc because you feel so bad for me. So...about two weeks ago, I made my routine trip to the dry cleaners to drop off several clothes that had collected over time and needed to be cleaned. One of these items just happened to be my favorite Lily dress, very similar to this one:The only difference with mine is that it doesn't have the yellow butterflies around the top. Anyway, so I went to the cleaners yesterday to pick up my items, and, after dishing out a ridiculous amount of money to pay my bill, the guy brings my clothes out to the car, including my precious Lily dress, RUINED! Not kidding, unfortunately. The beautiful white eyelette was marked with yellow-ish/brown splotches of discoloration. And the worst part is, he was going to put it in my car hoping that I wouldn't notice!!! How rude? Now, it takes a lot to make me totally bitchin' mad, but, as you might guess, this did the trick. I have to admit, I feel a little bit sorry for the guy that got an earful from me. I think he deserved it though. Not only was he rude, but he didn't offer any suggestions, and he tried to tell me that the dress was a cocktail dress (in order to explain why it cost me $40 to get it cleaned) I was like, " Um, excuse me, but that dress is a sundress, NOT a cocktail dress!" What next? Well, I met bf after I got off work (he has been in town and staying with me this week), and I know he could tell I was irate. I made him go back to the cleaners with me, because I had a feeling that they thought I was just a stupid young girl that didn't know anything, and I needed him for the intimidation factor. The results were pretty good; he basically told them that they needed to pay me the full amount for my dress, and they agreed, given that they could make every attempt possible to remove the spots before they gave me any money. Of course, I had to throw in the comment, "You know, that's a Lily Pulitzer dress. Do you know how much they are?!?" As it stands right now, my dress remains at the cleaners. You better believe that if the dress comes back even noticeably different, I am demanding they pay me in full! The only problem is, even if they give me the entire amount that the dress is worth, I won't be able to find it anymore, and it's my favorite! :( Argh!

7 comments:

Pretty in Pink said...

Awwwwe thanks! I like your blog too! I'm adding it to my daily reads.

Do you go to UT? I went to UK, and moved to FL for law school, but ended up moving to Memphis with my BF. What sorority are you in?

Oh and about the pup, don't even get me started! haha... she is a handful and it is definitely preparation for kiddos. I am up right now at 6:51 am because she woke me up at 6 to use the bathroom. Gotta love it!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I hope they are able to clean your dress! I would have been so angry.

Enjoy your weekend!

Elise said...

I would be so mad! That was really sweet of your BF to go back with you to make sure they don't take advantage of you! I'm sorry that happened!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I am so sorry to hear that happened! And of course, it had to happen to your favorite dress. I hope the dry cleaners makes it right.

sugar said...

i'm so sorry. it really is like the death of a friend. that may sound shallow, but i'm a very deep person, i just happen to love my favorite clothes like old friends. try looking for it on ebay. wouldn't it be great if you found it for less than you paid and he had to pay you full price for it. no, what would be great would be if he just hadn't ruined it in the first place. cocktail dress? i think not, but even if it was, $40 is a rip off! you need a new cleaner. they are so hard to find. good luck. my deepest sympathies.

Well I Do Declare said...

That is terrible!!! Will they make you give them the receipt too? Maybe you can find a replacement on Ebay...

Polos & Pearls said...

I'm sooo sorry about your dress. If it is ruined, check ebay. You may be able to find a replacement.