CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Too bad I didn't think of this myself...



Do any of y'all share the obsession that I have with headbands? I used to hate them because I had long, curly hair, but, after getting my hair chopped, headbands are my go-to accessory, especially headbands from J.Crew!! (Um, duh!) My one problem: I don't have a convenient place to store them. Well, I was in JC the other day, and, as I was checking out, the lady that was helping me said, "Did you take a look at our headbands? They're an extra 25% off!" I couldn't decide whether to hug her or slap her for saying that...as if I don't already have enough!! I told her that I already had so many I didn't know what to do with them. So then she gave me this fabulous idea...She told me that her friend, who also has a ton of them, wanted to store them somewhere in sight (because they are sooo cute!), so she got a large clear glass jar/vase to set out in her bathroom to serve as headband storage. So clever! Seriously, their headbands are so bright and colorful that they shouldn't be shoved in a drawer out of sight. You better believe that I began my search for a pretty glass container earlier this weekend. Target has a few, as well as Pottery Barn, but I didn't feel like paying $50 for one, so I stopped by TJ Maxx today to find a collection of glass vases, and I picked one up for 9 bucks. My headbands are currently looking very cute in their new container, sitting on my bathroom counter. However, the jar isn't quite full, so do you know where I am headed tomorrow??? J.Crew

4 comments:

Suburban prep said...

What a cute idea.
I have my hair items in a basket in the bathroom.

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I have a basket in my bathroom with all ofmyperfume in it,and my headbands are around the rim of the basket.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here going, "Duh...you couldn't think of this? How obvious did it need to be?" about the jar storage but then thinking again and deciding it's not that obvious. But I also like the basket idea. Actually, I am now liking any idea that stops the disaster of opening the drawer with all the other stuff in it (you know, the misc. drawer in the dressing area off the powder room) and then one of the headband ends gets stuck as it's opening and then yours truly has to yank really, really hard, yank-yank-yank so hard that the wheels come off the whole drawer and everything comes flying out all over. And it's really not a pretty sight. Arrgghh!
Thanks for all of the long posts. It's good to get caught up on what's going on!

Eryn said...

One of my friends has one of those giant plastic champagne flutes that she uses for headband storage. It's too cute!