CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Have a PROBLEM...

With swimwear. What's new? I don't have body image issues, but I do have issues with the way certain bathing suits look on my body. I mean, some bathingsuits just should not be made or sold to anyone other than Lindsay Lohan or the Olsen Twins. I hope you know what genre I am speaking of. Even on the days I am feeling super-skinny, I can try on one of these suits, and boom...my confidence is shot.

Prime example: I stopped by Target after work yesterday evening to look at their swimsuits. (I get ALL of my swimsuits at Target after ordering one too many from V.S. only to find - surprise - it only covers 1/8 of my rear end. Reallllly? I digress.) Now don't get me wrong...Target generally has a great selection, and I can almost always find something I like. However, the problem that I have is that the cutest options, in my opinion, are all the same style - the bandeau-like top that makes my already flat chest look like the chest of a twelve-year-old boy. Ugh. Here is an example of the style I am talking about:

As much as I despise Heidi Montaug and all of her fakeness, the image of me in this style of bathingsuit is enough to send anyone straight to the operating table for implants. Okay, obviously I am exaggerating a tad, but please...come out with some cute "triangle" tops that don't feature skulls and crossbones or scream "I heart Avril Lavigne and all things punk." Please.

0 comments: