CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hats at horse races?


I want your opinion. Now, keep in mind we're not talking the Derby. I'm merely attending Steeplechase (the Nashville version). I've got some time to debate, but I am trying to decide whether to make my dress selection based on what it would look like with a hat. I know that hats may be an essential part of Derby attire, but you don't see so many at Steeplechase. My personal opinion? Love them. Steeplechase is the only time of year I can get away with wearing some odd monstrosity on my head...and getting compliments on it...so I tend to think why not wear one?
I think a hat like the one below is fabulous:
This next one, on the other hand, looks like a Tommy Bahama accessory from my grandfather's closet:

Clearly, there is the right way to do a hat and the absolute wrong way to do a hat. I will aim to look like picture #1. I'll take her hair and her body too, please. :)

Here is a pic of me (on the right) and two girlfriends at last year's Steeplechase. It had rained the night before/morning of, which made for a complete mess, translated: drunken mud fest. I was wearing a hat initially...until it blew off and into a mud puddle. My poor hat did not last very long. Hopefully I will have better luck this year.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Have fun!!! Hats are always a must here at the Carolina Cup!! Hope you find what you're looking for! Love your blog and I LOVE the name! So adorable!!! Im a new follower!!

Jewellers Dublin said...

Love the first hat in red, its beautiful From engagement rings