CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TLC

This officially stands for Tebow love and care. Let me explain. So, if any of you read one of my recent posts, you may remember me mentioning that I broke my ankle about two months ago. I wish I could tell you that I broke it during a ski trip or doing something at least half-way daring, but no...I was working out. Actually, I could argue that that in itself is daring, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, I was working out at my gym in a small community south of Nashville, and this gym is no YMCA. It's a training complex that Peyton Manning started several years ago to help build talent among future star athletes. If you're wondering how the heck I would fit into that category, stop. I don't. I just wanted to get my butt in shape when I moved back from college a couple of years ago, so I signed up for the boot camp class at this gym. Honestly, I swear by their classes, as I can go for one hour and burn almost 900 calories. NO. JOKE. If you are like me and love you some good southern food, then you find this method of burning calories to be far superior than dieting. I can say with confidence that I was in the best shape of my life until about two months ago when I broke my ankle. I won't tell you how I did it because you will think that I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet. It was just one of those days. I will tell you, however, that I fell on my a** in front of approximately ten NFL hopefuls that happened to be training for the Combine at my gym that morning .


Before you start feeling too sorry for me, let me get back to the Tebow comment. Yes, Timmy happens to be among the Combine athletes that have been training at this gym. As fate would have it, the doctor that performed the surgery to put my bone back in place referred me to the physical therapist whose office is in the same complex as my gym. Well, I walked into physical therapy a few days ago, and who do I see sitting there? Timmy and his super fine brother. What a scene. Poor Timmy had a problem with his shoulder and he was seeing my therapist. I actually had about a 5-second conversation with him that was the best part of my day/week/year. I could tell you about how he asked me for a recommendation on local restaurants and how he asked me to come with them, but then I would be totally lying. That's how the conversation went when I dreamed about it that night.

3 comments:

Kiss My Tiara said...

Oh my gosh!! I couldn't be more jealous!! That's so awesome :) But I'm sorry to hear about your ankle :(

Jewellers Dublin said...

Sounds fab, love reading the story. Engagement Rings

James Ireland said...

Greta post - am so jealous - hope your feeling better. From rings