CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pardon my ignorance...

While perusing the internet over lunch yesterday, I came across a term that was foreign to me...the "bumpit". After questioning a wide variety of people - male and female, fashionable and unfashionable, gossipers and wallflowers - I soon realized I was in the minority on this "trend", if you can even call it such.


Even my boyfriend, who, bless his heart, has a fondness for cargo shorts and often wears long-sleeved white t-shirts under polos (that was very hard for me to type...we are working on his sense of style) was familiar with the term. Shocking. To supplement my understanding, he offered the example of Snookie on the Jersey Shore. I immediately lost interest in the conversation.


You see, I am not an advocate of this Jersey Shore business. In all fairness, I have actually never watched a full episode and hope to goodness that my life does not become so monotonous that I am forced to succumb to frivolous television. On a sidenote, I do not lump "The Bachelor" into the frivolous category. That is TV at it's finest and I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Back to Jersey Shore...call me cooky, but I think that 30 minutes (I guess that's how long the show lasts - surely it's not an hour?) featuring raging meatheads, guidos, guidettes, fake bakes and general trashy nonsense is absolute wasted space. Furthermore, if I wanted to watch this Snookie character and her "bumpit", I could get in my car and drive to second avenue, where I would encounter no less than 200 highly intoxicated, overly tan, loud, obnoxious girls sauntering around in their pleather/sequined/mesh concoctions that they have stuffed their bodies into - muffin top and all. No. Thank. You.



As far as bumpits are concerned, I have decided that I am indifferent. Admittedly, I do like big hair. After all, I am a southern girl; it is therefore inherent from birth that I will exhaust an entire can of hairspray in one night if that's what it takes to prolong the volume. However, since I am not a Snookie supporter, I have an automatic aversion to any resemblance thereof. What are your thoughts on this anomaly that is "the bumpit"?





0 comments: